Sunday, April 10, 2005

Highs and Lows

HIGHS: I had my second official softball game on Thursday. This one went considerably better than the first. We won 14-11 and I had a grand slam and a double going 2 for 4 in the game. The grand slam came in the first inning and it was awesome. Considering the fact that I hadn't hit a home run since t-ball, it felt pretty good. Also, my first game I only hit grounders so hitting a home run was a pleasant surprise. My next game is tomorrow a 4:00. We are 1-1 and I have 5 hit in 8 at bats on the season.

The Mets got ther first win of the season this morning improving their stellar record to 1 win and 5 losses. I am happy though becasue Pedro Martinez continued to pitch well and the Mets beat John Smoltz and the Braves, despite Smoltz's 15 strikeouts.

As I mentioned in my last post. I am officially registered for the necessary classes needed to keep on track to graduate in May 2006 with and advertising degree.

LOWS: It snowed again yesterday. Everytime I think it is over it's over and spring is here, it snows. It wasn't nearly as much as earlier snows but it snowed. Snow means cold and I don't want it.

Rachel and I went out for ice cream yesterday and when we walked down to the car Rachel noticed a sheriff's deputy holding up a large gun. We ignored it, got into the car and drove toward the entrance/exit of the apartments. At the entrance were 5 or six police cars lined up all flashing lights. We looked behind the cars and there was a car crashed into the Lake Mary Crossing sign in front of the apartments. We went to Dairy Queen and decided to go back into the complex another way. There were two more police cars and yet another parked by our building. We wondered if it was ok to be walking around the apartments because it was apparent that the police had set a perimeter around the complex. This morning, I went on google news and found this article explaining the incident. Flagstaff it such an exciting town.

~SAG

No comments: