Tuesday, April 26, 2005

All Good Things Must End

I am sorry for the extended time between posts. With the smester coming to an end, thing have been crazy busy. Also, Rachel's computer had not been working until yesterday.

The past week has been quite eventful. This semester has been heavily backloaded with school work so getting things done to stay on pace has been a miserable yet successful effort. I also played my last softball game last Thursday. This one did not go as well as in the past for the team but I did pretty well. I went 4 for 4 with a home run but it wasn't enough as my team lost 9-4. The game wasn't without its drama when my team went off the deep end after a few questionable calls. One of my teammates was running home and arrived at the same time as the ball. While the ball did land in the catchers glove, my teammate ran into him in one motion and the ball flew out. The runner was called out because the ump said he had posession and that he wasn't allowed to knock the ball out of his glove but we argued that, withought sliding there was no way to avoid it. The next play, someone on our team was called out at second on a close play and my team when nuts. Determined to contest the umps calls, my team talked to the official who happened to be at the dome. The only problem is with our lost the team the official is on makes the playoffs. If we win, we make the playoffs. No one in their right mind overrules a call to knock thmselves out of the playoffs. Oh well, there is always next year.

Rachel and I went to Las Vegas this weekend to celebrate her mom's birthday. Rachel's granfather (dad's dad) was also there with his wife. We had a really good, relaxed time. Happy Birthday again!

Thing are getting down to the wire up north in our backwards mountain town. School's end is nearing and so is our reign at the Lake Mary Apartments. Rachel and I have to get a storage room soon and start the packing process. I can't wait for summer break.

~SAG

No comments: