Thursday, April 20, 2006

under pressure

I've had to remind myself of something these last couple of days. When I changed my major to advertising, I always said it didn't mean I wanted a career in advertising but a major that was a little more practical. This reminder has relieved a lot of pressure I have put on myself lately. I have always viewed a job as a need, not a want. While I know the importance of liking your job, the most important thing is that I have something that will provide for Rachel and I and that's it. I don't want something that will monopolize my time. I want a "9 to 5" and be done with it. I have stressed a lot these past couple of weeks because of the lack of available entry level advertising jobs. Now I get to expand my search and I couldn't be more excited.

Thanks Michelle, my conversation with you really helped.

No comments: