Thursday, March 16, 2006

moment of zen

Being a Mets fan just got cooler. While sifting through the many Mets blogs I read daily, this one had a link to a new radio commercial for the Mets narrated by Jon Stewart, apparent lifetime Mets fan.

In addition, The blogger went on to describe his experience running into Stewart at the Bronx Zoo:

I had the pleasure of meeting Jon Stewart this past December at the Bronx Zoo(not the ballpark but the place with the other wild animals) As my kids were waiting to go on the carousel, Stewart, his wife and baby were posing for pictures with some of the staff. Of course the wise ass as I am, I yelled over to him and said "Yo , Jon move it along" He came over to me and said, "I was ready to tell you off, but I saw your Mets jacket and since we both like the same team I let you slide" All the while he was laughing. While we waited for the kids to ride the carousel, I got to talk to him and found him a really nice guy. He has been a Mets fan his whole life and has enjoyed going to Shea since he was a kid. I told him how much I love The Daily Show and he told me he had another big gig coming up but couldn't talk about it (a couple of weeks later he was named to host the Oscars) He was looking forward to the Mets season.

No comments: