Monday, January 30, 2006

sunday bloody sunday

Sorry. This would have made more sense last night but I was just too darn upset.

Read below while keeping in mind that all day Saturday, New Jersey Pizza wasn't answering their phones so we settled for nasty Pizza by George.

Panang part two: Rachel, being the great person that she is, promised me Thai food over the weekend. I requested we go Sunday because there is no better way to close a week than with coconut curry goodness. Our first attempt was Dara Thai, quickly becoming my favorite for their dependability and atmosphere. That was before Sunday. The sign on the door of Dara Thai read, "Closed due to Super Bowl Sunday". That would be understandable if it was Super Bowl Sunday. Duh! Next stop Racha Thai, just a hop, skip and a jump away from Dara. Sign on door reads, "Hours of operation blah blah blah to blah blah blah closed Sundays and Mondays". Are you kidding me? A little disenchanted with the current Thai pattern I change my mind to Mexican. El Charro, also closed on Sundays. At this point I am losing my appetite. One final try for Thai; a place called My Little Thai Kitchen. Cute right? It would be if it didn't share a kitchen with Ralberto's and a gas station convenience store. Didn't matter, it was closed too. Finally, my fifth choice was Casa Bonita and would you believe, it was actually open for business. Too bad the food sucked terribly.

Prepare Phoenix family, this boy still needs some panang. Stat!

Is blogging about food twice in a row a symptom of an eating disorder?

~sag

No comments: