Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Damn You Blogger

By now, you all must have noticed that I made a change to the way you leave comments. I also made this change on GIC, Rachel's dad's websermon site. Although it was not the most difficult transition, I needed to find a new comment sponsor, in this instance Haloscan, to make it so comments pop up in a new window and does not prompt you to include Blogger account information. I have to say I was proud of myself once I completed it because it took some HTML work. However,today on Blogger's news wire I read this:

"Good news everyone! We've updated the way comments work. Among the many improvements are pop-up windows for comments and the ability for commenters to fill in their name and web site info—no Blogger account needed."

Are you kidding me? Now, if I want to change back the comments to the Blogger format, I wouldn't know how. Also, when I changed the comments the first time, I lost all past comments on both my site and GIC's. Arrgh. Maybe I should refuse to change it back since it took them so long to make this change in the first place. Or, maybe they made the change because they noticed everyone was looking elsewhere.

On a new subject, I am still on my "mix things up kick", thinking that through minor changes (bright colors) and some major ones (my major), my time in Flagstaff will be less painful and boring. For my newest alteration, I want to change the name of my blog. Although original, sag/blog just isn't doing it for me anymore. This also helps me in my quest to make this blog more inclusive and interactive. I love feedback so, I ask you for suggestions. These suggestions don't need to be titles in themselves, but maybe direction on what the title can be focused around. Once I come up with ideas, I would like to hold a vote for the favorite. I would like to know if Josh Shculz knows a way to create polls on Blogger or any other way. For instance, can I have a list of the choices and have everyone bubble in their favorite and submit? Kinda like an online survey. I know this seems like too much effort for juct a title change but hey, it's all I can come up with.

Note: I know Rachel and I both complain about how boring our lives are. I think about how bad that sounds because I wonder if it makes people think we have a bad relationship. That, however, is not the case. Rachel and I love each other and enjoy each others company, it is just the envirionment that is miserable. In all actuallity, we are in much better moods now that it is warming up.

UPDATE: Look to the right and you will see that I figured out a method for polling. If you think it will work for my purpose, vote yes, if not, vote no

~sag

No comments: