Wednesday, October 26, 2005

ick

By now, all of you know that the Miami trip did not go as planned. When we arrived at our hotel, we were notified that the conference had been postponed and that we wouldn't get a refund. While we are working to get our money back, who knows what these clowns will say next. After we heard the news and the yelling and blaming ended, the trip turned out to be pretty nice. We enjoyed the warm waters of the Atlantic and some fun Miami surroundings. However, the place is like a stinking sauna and the bugs are HUGE!



On a side note: I figured out how to email myself pictures from my camera phone so picture taking should be a little more frequent albeit not as good quality. Overall the trip was enjoyable. However, if someone were to outline the exact course of events before I committed to the trip and money, I probably would have passed.

Last night, we went to dinner and a movie with Bryan and Colleen to celebrate Bryan's 22nd birthday. We went to Olive Garden where the food is always consistent. We have this long standing tradition (4 years) where we try to see a scary movie for Bryan's birthday since it is so close to Halloween. The past 3 years have been Ghost Ship (as horrible as its tagline),Texas Chainsaw Massacre (freaky)and The Grudge (weak plot, freaky visuals. Do not watch if you question whether or not you house is haunted). This year has been lacking in scary movies and because Bryan had already seen The Fog, we saw Stay. While I wouldn't classify this as a scary movie, it was a very interesting suspense thriller type that I could never summarize because I am not sure I understand what the heck happened. It was entertaining nevertheless.

I really want to have a fun Halloween this year. I want it to be full of costumes, parties, pumpkin carving, scary movies and trick or treaters. What costume should I get?

~sag

No comments: