Saturday, December 23, 2006

change of heart

I know how perturbed you all must have been when we decided to move back to Flagstaff. After all the bad things we used to say about the place, I decided to seek documentation of my criticisms. Sorting through all my archived posts, below are all the negative statements regarding Flagstaff. Enjoy the hypocrisy in no particular order...

...You all know very well how much it would take for me to miss Flagstaff...

...I can't wait to get out of here. It's cold, wet and depressing...

...Along with the cold, the depressing brown hue of the rundown town is getting to me. As much as I want to believe that I am not this shallow, I like flat, well paved roads, contemporary architecture and warm weather...

...Snow is depressing...

...When people look at Flagstaff they see beauty while I see cheap motels and mud EVERYWHERE...

...On a new subject, I am still on my "mix things up kick", thinking that through minor changes (bright colors) and some major ones (my major), my time in Flagstaff will be less painful and boring...

...Thing are getting down to the wire up north in our backwards mountain town...

...It snowed again yesterday. Every time I think it is over it's over and spring is here, it snows. It wasn't nearly as much as earlier snows but it snowed. Snow means cold and I don't want it...

...This too will be a much needed vacation from Flagstaff...

...I absolutely, positively cannot wait for May 13, 2006. Not only is it the day I officially graduate but it is when the bleeding will finally stop. Flagstaff will become a great memory (the only way for Flagstaff to be considered great is as a distant memory)...

...Also, I miss parks. I miss flat cities. I miss cookie cutter buildings and desert landscape. It may be sacrilegious to some of you but I prefer rock and cactus to any other landscape, even ocean...

...Also, bad weather and possibly snow might be rolling into Flagstaff this weekend so I am glad we are getting out of here...

...I am always interested to hear why someone would leave southern California for Flagstaff. An arrest warrant first came to mind...

This list doesn't even include Rachel's opinions. To be fair, these kinds of statements became less frequent towards the end.

No comments: